Photos by Louise Won
1. Burrowing Owl family, once one of California's
most common birds. These were at Shoreline Park, Santa Clara County.
2. Cinnamon Teal pair
3. Clapper Rail out of hiding, Palo Alto Baylands.
4. Clark's Grebe, with chicks on board, Lake Merced, San Francisco.
5. Common Merganser pair, Los Alamitos
6. Barn Owl, Davis
7. Horned Lark, Yolo County
8. Hooded Oriole female, nest-building in Presidio,
9. Juvenile American Avocet, Redwood Shores
10. Merlin, Grizzly Island, Solano County