Photos by Larry Shushan
1. Cliff Swallows at Angel Island
2. Pair of Common Goldeneye
3. Common Goldeneye male (round spot on face) on Lake Merritt, Oakland, CA
4. Barrow's Goldeneye male on Lake Merritt, Oakland, CA
Barrow's Goldeneye female on Lake Merritt, Oakland, CA
6. Barrow's Goldeneye male on left, female Common Goldeneye (note dark
beak) on right. Seattle.
7. Barrow's Goldeneye (male), Seattle
8. Barrow's Goldeneye (male), Seattle
(Sir John Barrow, 1764-1848, was a British Admiralty official and a strong promoter of Arctic voyages of discovery.)
9. Black Phoebe. This Black Phoebe landed normally on the roof of the building, then promptly went into this position for a few seconds. Then it got up and flew away perfectly normally. Any explanation for this odd behavior?
10-11. Common Murre in Racoon Strait just off Tiburon
12. Snowy Egret, Great Egret, Snowy Egret