Photos by May and Godwin Woon
1. California Towhee.
2. Clark's Grebe mating dance across the surface of Lake Merced on warm
The next four pictures are all from Bodega Bay, Sonoma County.
3. Bonaparte's Gull, partially molted
4. Four in One: from left to right, Short-billed
Dowitchers (about 11), Caspian Tern,
Glaucous-winged Gull, Western Gull (3)
5. Five in One: from left to right, Herring Gull, Caspian Tern, Dunlin
(with breeding plumage black belly), Marbled Godwit, Western Sandpiper
6. Seven in a row: left to right, Dunlin, Western Sandpiper, Western
Gull immature in back, Marbled Godwit, Glaucous-winged Gull adult
(foreground), Caspian Tern, Bonaparte's Gull.
7. Duck trifecta: Ring-
necked Duck female in foregound, Red-breasted Merganser in the middle,
female Common Merganser in the back; from Lloyd Lake, Golden Gate Park.
8. Female great-tailed Grackle at Lake Merced. Expect this bird to become a Bay Area regular as its range expands